Acupuncture helps women’s problems: infertility, PMS & menopause
- Restores balance of estrogen and progesterone.
- Relaxes the uterus.
- Improves circulation of the uterus and ovary.
- Improves adrenal gland functions so that estrogen and progesterone can be balanced after menopause.
- Improves the function of the hypothalamus – pituitary gland-ovary.
- Helps reduce insulin levels by decreasing blood sugar levels to treat polycyst ovarian syndrome.
To learn more about how acupuncture infertility treatments, visit our Acupuncture for Infertility FAQ page!
Chinese herbs for fertility
In certain cases, we may suggest that patients take Chinese herbs in conjunction with acupuncture to increase their fertility. These Chinese herbs are specifically tailored to your body’s condition and are quite safe and generally side-effect free. The herbs come in powdered form and are taken twice a day, dissolved in warm water. We usually see patients with particular difficult fertility cases getting pregnant faster with Chinese herbs because unlike acupuncture, which is done 1-2 times a week, herbs can be taken every day and has a more steady, constant effect.