Boston Chinese Acupuncture was founded in 2005 by Dr. Li Zheng and Dr. Changhong Zhou, who have each been practicing traditional Chinese medicine for over 25 years. Dr. Zheng specializes in hormone balance, autoimmune diseases and women’s issues like PCOS and infertility. With his background in infectious diseases and vaccines, Dr. Zhou is a specialist in pain management and disorders affecting the elderly. Their different styles and expertise allow Boston Chinese Acupuncture to cover a wide breadth of issues affecting your health.
Li Zheng is a licensed acupuncturist and herbalist with over 26 years of clinical experience. She specializes in infertility, Insomnia, neuropathy, PCOS, Acne, allergies, glaucoma, macular degeneration, ED, acid reflux, neck pain, depression, anxiety, facial rejuvenation and autoimmune diseases.
- Beijing University of Chinese Medicine: Bachelors of Medicine 6-year program
- Medical College of Ohio (now College of Medicine and Life Sciences at the University of Toledo): Ph.D. in neuroscience
Professional Training and Experiences:
- 5-year residency at the hospital of Beijing University of Chinese Medicine
- One-year attending at the hospital of Beijing University of Chinese Medicine
- 3-year apprenticeship with Dr. Shaoqin Zhao, a world-renowned practitioner of Chinese medicine and son of the president of the Imperial Hospital during China’s Qing Dynasty
- Post-doctoral training in the Department of Anesthesiology at Massachusetts General Hospital
- Acupuncturist in Dana Farber Cancer Institute
Changhong Zhou is an acupuncturist and herbalist licensed in Massachusetts, Florida, Maryland, and Michigan with over 36 years of experience. He specializes in pain management for knee, neck, hip, back and tendonitis. He was specialized in treating pulmonary diseases such as asthma, COPD, Ear ringing, bronchiectasis, allergies, sinusitis, chronic coughing, and gastrointestinal diseases such as IBS, acid reflux, colitis and crohn’s disease. He is also an expert in virology, immunology, molecular biology, vaccinology, and pharmaceutical R&D.
- Henan University of Traditional Chinese Medicine: Bachelors of Medicine 5-year program (graduated in 1983, summa cum laude)
- Beijing University of Chinese Medicine: Masters in Medicine 3-year program (graduated in 1987)
- Medical College of Ohio (now the College of Medicine and Life Sciences at the University of Toledo): Ph.D. in virology and molecular biology
- 3 years of study under the mentorship of Dr. Shaoqin Zhao, a world-renowned guru of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) and a descendant of royal physicians of the Qing Dynasty
- 3-year residency at the First Affiliated Hospital of the Henan University of Traditional Chinese Medicine and the Dong Zhi Men Hospital of the Beijing University of Chinese Medicine
- Post-doctoral training at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics at Harvard Medical School
- Faculty and Instructor at the Department of Microbiology and Immunobiology at Harvard Medical School
- Faculty at Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine at the Henan University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Faculty at the Division of Basic Medicine at the Beijing University of Chinese Medicine
National board (NCCAOM) certified diplomates in acupuncture (1998), Chinese herbology (1998), and oriental medicine (2013)