One out of ten couples will deal with infertility, with conditions such as endometriosis, fibroids, polycystic ovarian syndrome, premature ovarian failure, hypothyroid, recurring miscarriage, or secondary infertility. Even with the advancements in medical care, statistics show that successful outcomes of fertility treatments such as IVF or IUI are greatly improved with acupuncture and herbal medicine. Men and women benefit by getting to the underlying cause of their infertility issue, reducing stress during treatments, and making a healthy lifestyle and diet choices. Here are the important steps you may want to take before you get pregnant naturally or with IVF or IUI.
1. 3 months before you plan to conceive, you can use acupuncture to reduce the stress level and bring energy to your uterus. Our body always prioritizes the energy flow to the most important organs such as heart and brain. If you can use acupuncture and meditation to turn off your mind and sleep deeply, you actually increase your pregnancy rate naturally without any medication.
Are you thinking about acupuncture treatment for Infertility?
Call us at 617-817-1910, or book an appointment online.
2. Before the natural pregnancy and IVF or IUI, you need to balance your immune functions. If you have allergies or autoimmune diseases such as asthma, allergic rhinitis, MS, ALS or rheumatoid arthritis, your immune system tend to produce antibodies to attack your embryo in the early stage. You need to go to acupuncturist 3 to 6 months before your planned IUI, IVF or natural pregnancy in order to avoid the frustration of unknown causes of infertility, multiple failed IUI, IVF or repetitive miscarriage.
3. Get your estrogen and progesterone balanced 3 to 6 months before IVF or IUI. Avoiding multitasking and too much stress can make your body produce fewer stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline. These two hormones will instantly bring down your progesterone level and make the pregnancy more difficult and lead to miscarriage or even autism in the babies. Progesterone is very critical for the development of babies’ brains. Progesterone makes your uterus muscles relax and have sufficient nutrients hence the implantation during IVF, IUI and natural pregnancy healthier.
4. Stop the birth control pill a year or two years before you are planning to have a baby. Your hypothalamus, pituitary gland and ovaries need time to restore their normal functions after they have been suppressed by birth control pill for over 5 years. In many cases, when patients use the birth control pill to shut down the ovaries during IVF so that the ovaries can produce a similar size of follicles, their ovaries can be turned off completely. When the IVF specialists are trying to stimulate the ovaries, they simply do not respond. During IVF, if we can combine acupuncture twice a week, there are less chances that your ovaries will go do dormant.
5. Practicing acupressure while you are doing meditation before you go to sleep, so you can bring energy to your ovaries and uterus and achieve a deeper and rejuvenating sleep. Refer to this book on how to practice acupressure on your abdominal area and feet.
One in eight U.S. couples of childbearing age is diagnosed with infertility. We address this public health issue by providing a community to these women and men, connecting them with others who can help, empowering them to find a resolution, and giving voice to their demands for access to all family building options. Dr. Li Zheng will demonstrate online the acupressure points that balance the hormones, so couples can have a healthy baby and a healthier lifestyle. Please visit https://infertilityawareness.org/event/acupressure-and-infertility/ to join the event.
Please check out her books:
- Acupuncture and Hormone Balance
- Acupuncture and Infertility
- Chinese Acupuncture and Herbs for Common Disease
- Erectile Dysfunction and Prostate Problems
Please click below to pay the online consultation fee for taking online consultation.
You can make the payment through VENMO APP. Our VENMO account is @li-zheng-23.