How to Improve Thyroid Function for Fertility
1. Eat foods that are beneficial for thyroid function: raw greens, seaweed, walnuts, seeds, sprouted beans, and fresh vegetable juice.
2. Avoid the following food until your thyroid function becomes normal: mustard greens, kale, peanuts, soy flour, brussel sprouts, and unsaturated oils like flax, soybean, safflower, corn and canola. In Chinese medicine, soybeans are hard to digest. Eating too much soy and soy based products can cause phlegm condition, which may aggravate hypothyroid condition. If you regularly take flax seed oil and your thyroid function progressively worsens, you should stop taking the flax seed oil for a while.
3. Avoid adding sugar to your coffee or eating too many sweets. High sugar induces high insulin, causing inflammation in many glands including the thyroid. Also high sugar can cause malabsorption of many minerals critical for thyroid function. Just like alcohol and drugs, sweets disrupt our metabolic balance, causing dysfunction of many glands.
4. Eat fresh fruits instead of drinking juice. If you read the label, you will be surprised how much sugar was added to the juice, sometimes more than 14 teaspoons for one serving of juice.
5. Add a small amount of seaweed to your soup regularly, providing enough minerals for hormone production.
6. If you have a virus infection, take some herbs or medication to get rid of the infection as soon as possible. A chronic virus infection can lead to dysfunction of the thyroid gland and other glands.
7. If you have too much stress, you should try acupuncture, yoga, tai chi, meditation or other methods to reduce stress.
8. For woman, balancing estrogen and progesterone with acupuncture and herbs will help to avoid hypothyroid and other chemical imbalances.