Foods for longevity:
- Eat lotus three to four times a week. You can boil or stir-fry it.
- Stir-fry mushrooms with cauliflower.
- Add garlic, ginger, and scallions into your vegetables everyday. Garlic has an anti-cancer, anti-viral effect. Fresh ginger is a natural blood thinner and also helps reduce phlegm and strengthen your digestive function. Scallions help prevent colds.
- Once a month or every other month, use raw Da Huang to cleanse out your intestinal toxins.
- Stir-fry bitter melon to reduce inflammation.
- Sauté dandelion greens to prevent different kinds of infections.
- Add vinegar to your salad to improve your digestion and reduce your joint pain.
- A low salt and low sugar diet will give you a healthy heart.
- Add yam to your soup or eat steamed yam to adjust your lung, spleen, and kidney functions.
Acupressure the following points to bring more blood flow to your adrenal glands and heart.
- CV4: On the anterior median line of the lower abdomen, 3 cun below the umbilicus.
- PC6: 2 cun above the transverse crease of the wrist, between the tendons of m. palmaris longus and m. flexor carpi radialis.
- Kid 3: in the depression between the tip of the medial malleolus and tendo calcaneus.
- CV12: On the anterior median line of the upper abdomen, 4.0 cun above the umbilicus.